Team Managers’ Responsibilities
- All Team Managers must be approved by their School Principal. All nominations must be approved by the Team Manager appointed by that school.
- While the students are not competing they are the sole responsibility of the Team Manager. Team Managers owe a Duty of Care to their students and are responsible for the supervision and behavior of students at all times. Team Managers are totally responsible for the conduct of their riders. Should there be any queries or problems during the day, the Team Manager is the person designated to negotiate on behalf of the rider/school.
- Team Managers must ensure that each rider’s equipment is SAFE and are responsible for their team. Smooth soled boots and the following helmets will be allowed:
- Current Australian standard AS/NZS 3838 (2006 onwards) provided they are SAI Global marked.
- New Australian standard ARB HS 2012 provided they are SAI Global marked.
- Current American standard ASTM F1163 (2004a or 04a onwards) provided they are SEI marked.
- Current American standard SNELL E2001.
- Current British standard PAS 015 (1998 or 2011) provided they are BSI Kitemarked.
- Interim European Standard VG1 (01.040: 2014-12) with or without BSI Kitemark.
Random checks will be performed throughout the day. Any queries to be directed to stewards.
- Team Managers are required to carry out a gear check on all of their competitors and horses according to Pony Club Association and EA guidelines. Gear must be checked prior to the 8.00 am start and if a rider replaces or changes gear prior to commencing another discipline.
- Disputes and Protests – the Team Manager must lodge appeals in writing as soon as is practical on a ISHE Competitor Query Form after results being posted, together with a fee of $50.00 (refunded if protest upheld) to the Secretary’s office. The dispute will be referred to the head steward. When the dispute has been answered the Team Manager will be called to the Secretary’s Office to receive a reply. The committee’s decision is final. The Team Manager is the only person to attend the Secretary’s Office for any information, results, complaints, queries etc of any nature during the ISHE Event. Information will not be given to the competitor, parent or guardian.
- It is the competitor’s/team manager’s responsibility to know when the courses are open for walking and the start time of each event. Draw times are an indication of how the day will run. A “move up draw” will apply if scratching occurs.
- Opening hours of the office will be as per roster on display at office door. Due to a small committee the office will not always be open.